Friday 27 May 2011

Reflections on our trip.

Our trip back to America was everything we wanted it to be and more. My husband was able to get some part time jobs and put more in our savings. He also got to bring our Mustang, or his baby out of storage for the whole time we were there. He even was able to change some components to it. I was able to visit with so many of my friends and family. My mom came out from Denver to visit and we had a wonderful week together. I didn't get to see everyone however and if we didn't catch up, I'm sorry. You would think that 6 weeks would give you plenty of time to visit everyone since O and I didn't have many plans. Nope, It's hard to coordinate everyone into the week and weekends were even harder. But the trip back was just what I needed.
Nothing makes you feel more loved and missed then seeing everyone you love after 6 months. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about since some are in the service and don't see their loved ones for even longer. But I'm not just talking about family, I'm talking about best friends, friends and co-workers. Without these people I don't know where I would be. What was also a wonderful  was kind of feeling like a mini-celebrity since many of you would come up to me and say how much you loved my blog. That means a lot to me and gives me the motivation to keep writing.
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't exactly excited to go back to Northern Ireland. Don't get me wrong, I love living in Europe and know in my heart that we made the right decision. But coming back made me realize just how rich my life was in Maine. Also my husband and I realized that living with the in-laws is taking a harder toll on us then we thought. It just gives us even more motivation to get a house ASAP!

The weather has been crappy since we got back. But I have faith we'll have a good summer. Today I'm getting some much needed pampering for the big wedding tomorrow.  One on R's cousins is getting married. A is the first cousin after my husband to get married, and there are 25+ of them. It will be nice to have the family all back together. I can't wait to tell you all about the wedding.

Here are some pictures of our trip to Maine!

Easter Morning. She discovered the M & M's hidden inside

With Daddy at a test event for Kraft Lunchables



Family photo at C & B's

Eating popcorn with auntie K

O all dressed up for Sabbath School

Perfect picture taken by my mum

4 generations. My grandmother, mother, me and O.


A windy day at the Deering Park playground

Another day at the park

Enjoying the beach with Granny.


O wasn't afraid of the water at all. Even though it was freezing


oíche mhaith

No comments:

Post a Comment