Tuesday 24 May 2011

Trip back to N.I

Hello. It's me again. I am back in Ireland after a good flight and a days rest. It's been a long time since I've blogged or written anything. I don't know where to begin or how to tell you all the feelings that are going through my mind. I didn't write the whole time we were over there because we were out straight visiting friends and family and I was with most of my blog audience. But now that I'm back, I will definitely be more diligent.

We made it to Ireland safe and sound. The trip back wasn't as bad as the trip to America. Everything seemed to work out so well. When we flew the first time, my husband and I each had a suitcase and a carry-on each. Well, we ended up getting alot of stuff that we wanted to take back with us that they don't sell in N.I or that we know of anyways. Such as popcorn kernels (for my air popper), Pepperridge Farm Gold fish, Foldgers coffee, and our deodorants. It's funny what you're will to find a substitute to and what you're not. O also got alot of toys and clothes from my mom and grandma C. So lets just say our bags were stuffed to the brim, we added an extra check in, and we also added an extra carry-on. On top of that, I dug through my old baby clothes and since we didn't have any room for those, C is sending them to us. I honestly didn't think we'd come back with this much stuff. But oh well it was nice to shop.

Anyways, our flight was good. We left Portland just shortly after 6 pm, when the Rapture was supposed to take place (I won't bore you with my thoughts on that). We had an hour flight to Newark and that was okay. O didn't like being confined to our seats, but there were only 8 people on the whole flight so we each got a seat, much different then coming to Maine. We got to Newark in plenty of time to grab some McDonald's and get O into her jammies. Just before we boarded I ask the clerk at the check-in counter if we could get a baby bed for her, but they said they didn't have any left, but she said she could work it so that we could have more room, but she didn't really tell me what that meant since the flight was full. She ended up getting O her own seat between us . The first 20 minutes of the long flight were not very nice since we weren't moving, baby was over tired and the lights were on. As soon as we started moving and they dimmed the lights she was out, well like a light. It was a smaller plane, so only 3 seats on each side which was perfect. She slept almost the whole way and only cried a little bit when we strapped her into the seat for landing.


We got to Ireland safe and sound and completely exhausted. My husband and O slept all morning and I got about a 2 hour nap. It is nice to be back, but I am really missing everyone and also my brain hasn't quite wrapped around the time change and the fact that I can't just jump in a car and see people.(more thoughts on that later). We're all unpacked and falling back into our routine.

I hope all of you are well and I'll be posting pictures of our trip soon.

oíche mhaith

No comments:

Post a Comment