Thursday 11 August 2011

Back to Blogging

It's been a while since I've shared what's been going on here in Northern Ireland. The reason for the absence was the lack of the computer and also the lack of activity in my social calender. But these last few weeks have been busy. The hardest part right now would be to figure out where to start. Hubby finally got my computer to work again and upgraded the software.

The last thing that I told everyone was just how the weather was awful. Well that hasn't changed at all, it's been cool and rainy. We've had one or two days really nice since, but I would say it's not really summer weather at all. We have made friends with some of the neighbors which has been great for O.  The house closest to us has 3 boys, ages 4, 6, and 8. They adore her as much as she worships them. It's been good for her to have someone to play with beside Mommy and  Daddy. I also love to hang out with their mom so it's been a benefit to both O and I.

Everyone here is also getting ready for one of my husband's cousins wedding. We all got our invitations and are getting outfits. R and I are having to work out who's going to babysit, because their are no children invited to this wedding and all our babysitters are off to the wedding. It will be nice to go to a wedding and not have to chase O around, but socialize like a normal adult.  I also went to a hen party last weekend and that was great fun, more about that in another blog.

The big thing I'm waiting for is my birthday weekend! Hubby and I are checking into a hotel in Belfast (thanks Daddy) tomorrow and then it's dinner and dancing Saturday. The only shame is that there is so much going on Saturday that not as many people could come. I'm trying not to have a "it's my party I can cry if I want to" moment, but I only get one day a year when it's all about me and I'm turning 30 so I thought that was a pretty big birthday. Am I just selfish or would any of you feel that way? I guess it's times like these that it really hits home just how much I miss my friends in Maine.

Anyways, no more pity party business. Yesterday we went into Belfast to see one of R's old school friends M and his wife E with their two daughters M & M. He's been in the service for the past 10 years at least. They've now setting in England and came over to visit his mother in Belfast. It was a great day. We went to Indiana Land which is like a very very big McDonald's play place. O had a great time with the girls and we got to catch up after not seeing each other in at least 5 year or more. There was also bowling at this location, so we tried a round. It was a little too much for O, but M's girls had a good time until their bellies took over and they needed food. It was off to the little chip shop there as well. Overall it was an excellent day.

 I wish I could describe better, but it's early in the morning and very tired. We've been dealing with a sore bum and teeth at night with O so the nights have been very short.

I hope you all have been well. Haven't talked to many of you in a few months. I promise my future blogs will be not as random and full of pictures.  Have a good rest of the week.

oíche mhaith

No comments:

Post a Comment