Friday 4 February 2011

Rainy days and ramblings.

My next blog was going to be a walk up to Great Granny B's house to show everyone the old ring fort, the house and just the beautiful view. However, it has been rainy and windy here for the last 3 days, so you'll all have to wait for that.

So today's blog is just going to be a bunch of ramblings about things I would have normally talk to many of you about if we were on the phone or the like. I've got my headphones into my laptop sitting in the dining room/kitchen listen to Cee Lo Green "What part of forever" from the Eclipse soundtrack. I will say one thing about the Twilight movies, they have the best soundtracks.

Anyways, since it's been so rainy it's been hard to keep the mood up. We haven't been able to go for walks up to Granny's or anywhere for that matter, so it feels like I've been trapped inside the house FOREVER! Which I know is lie cause we even went out to the mother and toddler group today. (I'll get to that in a bit.) I think the weather is going to be one of the hardest things to get used to. I live for sun. If it's sunny, I'm happy, full of energy. When it's cloudy, I'm tired, need a nap and just really can't be arsed to do anything. Well it is Ireland, so you can only guess what I feel like most of the time. Top that off with not being able just to go to the mall or shops to get out of the house or go to a friend's house to commiserate about the weather. I know many of you are in New England and would take rain over snow any day, which I would as well. But for some reason snow and the white doesn't create such a depressing feeling as rain, wind, and clouds. I'm sure it's a case of SAD (seasonal affective disorder). But enough of that, overall it hasn't been that bad. If it does rain, it will be sunny for the rest of the day. It's only been this week that it's been crappy.

As for the playgroup today, it was okay. There weren't as many moms and toddlers today. O was in a better mood as well.   They introduced a wee stand-up sandbox and that was a hit with all the kids. I still haven't been able to talk to anyone. I try to make eye contact and smile. However, I think I am oozing a desperate "be my friend" vibe, which is probably very frightening.  It will get better I keep telling myself. To put this in a better context, many of these moms are older and have two or three kids in primary school already. It also seems that they have all known each other for years. It will take time, I've been on the other end of this scenario, but I am also a little more friendly than these moms. After reading this paragraph again, it makes me laugh. I should have called this blog, "PLEASE BE MY FRIEND! Chronicles of a mother trying to make friends."

I hope you have all like my ramblings. I wish I had more exciting things to discuss or pictures. Once I can get my licence and R gets a job, I'm hoping to do wee day trips to castles and the coast. Then I will bore you all with history : )  Itunes on my laptop has me now listening to Gerald Butler sing as the Phantom of the Opera. (sigh, thought of you J in CT!) I think I'm now in the mood for a sappy Jane Austen flix. Which one should I watch?

oíche mhaith

No comments:

Post a Comment