Wednesday 15 June 2011

Back in the swing of things.

Sorry it's been a while since you've all heard from me. We're starting to get back into our old routine and I'm losing track of the days. I won't bore you with all the mundane stuff, but it's nice to be back on a schedule, at least for now and at least for the baby. I have started looking for jobs and working on my resume (or CV as they call it over here) so non-Americans will understand some of the places I have worked at. I have also been getting more accepted by the moms at the toddler group so that's been really nice. However the programs end next week so I'm not sure what we're going to do during the summer for entertainment.

Some things have happened in the last week. We had two "potty incidences." Again I won't go into them since many of you don't have kids and would prefer for me not to talk about this, so if you want to know, email me. O is also talking a lot more. And when I say a lot, I mean 3 word sentences and new words everyday. Oh, and non-stop. For example, we're now getting, "Daddy up please" which is nice. She also knows what to say if she has a dirty/smelly nappie. I have now become one of those parents that gets excited when people start talking about potty training. I tried telling a cousin how proud we were of the incident, but it only made me sound crazy.

We also were able to go to Dorman's Saturday as well. If you remember Dorman's is in Magherafelt and is a club with a young crowd. It has it's redeeming qualities though. There is a lot more space than most bars and plenty of seating if you get there soon enough. We went with a cousin, G and his girlfriend and ended up meeting some other people there we knew. We all had a good time. In fact I had such a good time I said, "I'm NEVER doing that again" the next morning. At least the last time that happened was two years ago.

Other than that, it's been very quiet here. I wish I could say that the weather has been great, but not really. The last few days were ok (no rain) but not the Maine warmth and definitely not as much sun. I hope it gets better soon or I"m going to go crazy.  I don't have new pictures of Miss O, but we went for a walk today and I took some close ups of some of the wild flower around here as well as some of the flowers on the lane up to the Greats. I'm hoping to get a better camera soon, so that my pictures come out a little bit better. But it was my first try at flower photography. Hope you all enjoy them.


The pigtails are new. We're growing her hair out and if it's not up, it's in her face. That is also her saying "Cheese"








oíche mhaith

No comments:

Post a Comment